Friday, August 15, 2008

Blogging Blahs and Busy Boys....

So I have had a hard time blogging this summer....the boys have provided me with plenty of stories....just not in the blogging mood (or maybe to exhausted at night). Sorry!


I also find that having the three at home to play and let their creative juices run WILD can be a problem....

Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:


Really...what were they thinking????....that poor child will need counseling after all the things he joyfully "agrees" to.


We took a trip to Dallas and spent time with my Grandmother- she is 89 for the record and has the most beautiful yard....


My mom set up a slip and slide, pool, etc...hopefully she will not bother next time...Andrew is protecting himself from.....

MUD BALLS from the "mud monsters"....




Did she really wear all white?


On our last day in Dallas we were going to go to the Dallas zoo- instead we waited for the police and spent 4 hours cleaning glass out of my car. Stole everything.
Three weeks later I am still having a hard time fitting three kids and groceries in the rental....STINKS!


So we saran wrapped and duck taped (nice) the window and sped back to the country- squinting because they stole my sunglasses too....

Ah,the country (have to show you our BFF Chris and Karen's "pets")

Baby Lucy...


Chickens- they all have names I do not get to close because they freak me out a little...


Milkshake and new baby Maverick


I think this is Norman and ? (Karen help me out- Chris calls the one in the back Corky because he is SLOW- came out feet first and I really think he has hypoxic brain damage poor thing just stares and drools all day...)


Thomas started Karate- he thinks he is a kung fu master- cutest thing.



Austin went to Pine Cove and had the time of his life....next year he will sleep over for the week- Jeanine how about sending yours???????



The buds...Matthew and Matthew...

And Andrew....still putting his undies on backwards- Oh I will be sad when he gets it right. Looks so uncomfortable...


School starts Monday for Austin...2nd grade YIKES! Jonathan is busy and very happy at work...and I need to go mop the kitchen floor!

Love you all!

11 comments:

WigintonFamily said...

j - i can not believe he is in 2nd grade. wow! samuel started kindergarten at trinity yesterday. it is super weird now not having home during the day. but he is loving it!

Unknown said...

It was so nice to come home on this yucky rainy afternoon and have a new Greifenkamp blog!!! YEAH,thanks! Always good stories, great pictures, and just a whole lot of fun!

Unknown said...

By the way...I love the picture where it looks like Thomas is groping my daughter with the sign in the back that says "state law, stop" :) They make a very cute couple!!

Unknown said...

Donovan says count him in! We will have to see if we can work that out. He and Austin would have a BLAST together!

Janna said...

Well at least Andrew is putting the underwear on! The drawing on picture made my eyes water in laughter. (I had my bath crayons packed...who knew that they had other plans!) The mud picture is such fun...what a great mom/grandmother you have.
I still want to hear about camp from Austin...even though he doesn't want to talk on the phone!
I'm glad it is so clear how much all of you love your new place even if it is "bleep".

Unknown said...

Where is my "chicken ring things"?

Unknown said...

TEARS JILLIAN, TEARS!!!

Vicki Banta said...

Jillian,

I'm so sorry about your car! I think we have matching ones!

Andrew is going to be a strong man! Whatever doesn't kill him will only make him stronger!

I want to be just like your grandmother and I will wear all white, too! She is Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Ok Jillian, totally annoyed by your lack of blogging, I moved on to your friends blogs...and let me just tell you, you have an amazing group of friends! I now feel like I know them all personally, I could not stop reading their stories once I started..and I think they are all increadable people! What stories they all have, and all really good at writing them. I am praying for the ones in Galveston, laughing at the sweet girl who can't go without her shoes, totally relate to the one getting no sleep with a new baby,)(even though my baby is 3 and still not letting me sleep), and envious of the ones in Montana that have the great fall weather! Great friends, great stories...if you never blog again I feel like I can go on again. I have other stories to read :)

Unknown said...

SERIOUSLY???? Do you EVER think you will blog again?? I am going to go on strike soon and not talk to you anymore until you do something about this blogging business. I know that would really upset you :)

Jennifer said...

Come back Jillian, come back!!!!
I need to see some recent pictures of those handsome little guys!!!